June 1, 2010
Top 5 Business Benefits to an IAM Solution
From a technical perspective, it is easy to see why implementing an Identity and Access Management stack is preferable to manual processes, but we often get requests from clients for business reasons they can sell internally.
Here are the top 5 business you can use as a starting point for internal discussions:
- Cost Reduction. Self-service, automation, and improved resource allocation visibility will help reduce a company’s cost inside and outside of IT.
- Enhanced Productivity. Automation, workflow, and self-service will result in more efficient processes, delivering quicker response times and allowing staff to focus on higher-leverage tasks.
- Improved User Experience. Single sign-on and federated identity will reduce user frustration and improve their usage of key applications.
- Risk Reduction and Security Improvement. Automation and centralized administration will allow a company to align access with job functions, ensure security policies are consistently applied, and enhance the reliability of security processes.
- Regulatory Compliance Assurance. Centralization and automation will allow for automated audit reviews, enhanced compliance-related tracking of user activity, expedient access certification, and improved confidence in IAM processes.
Looking for more help convincing management or your team? Let us know and we’ll help you come up with a solid strategy for assessing the unique business value IAM can offer your organization.