Organizations are using more applications and data than ever, deployed both on-premise and in the cloud. These valuable resources need to be accessed by authorized local and remote employees, customers, and a growing web of partners, contractors, and suppliers. Providing seamless and secure access can present a significant challenge that stretches your IT staff to their limits.
Tevora’s experienced team of identity management specialists can help you address this challenge by deploying best-of-breed identity access and identity governance solutions from industry leaders Okta and SailPoint. We have worked with many of the world’s leading companies to implement and integrate Okta and Sailpoint products to provide automated, flexible, and secure identity management capabilities that offer a unified user experience and fully address compliance and audit requirements.
Okta Identity Access Management
Okta’s robust capabilities allow you to manage access across today’s sprawling and complex IT environments in which applications and data reside on multiple on-premise and cloud-based systems.
The Okta Identity Cloud offers a trusted platform to secure every identity in your organization and connect with all of your employees, customers, and partners. Okta provides the access layer across the enterprise by controlling authentication and authorization for web applications, server access, and thick clients. It also ensures these processes are secure through adaptive MFA, conditional access policies, and risk-based authentication.
SailPoint Identity Governance Management
SailPoint’s advanced identity governance capabilities help you understand and manage who has access to applications and data, who should have access to these resources, and how the access is being used.
The SailPoint Open Identity Platform handles access requests, provisioning, access certification, policy management, and intelligent insights to efficiently and effectively apply identity governance.
The Power of an Integrated Okta-Sailpoint Solution
By combining the capabilities offered by Okta and SailPoint, Tevora delivers an end-to-end identity access management and governance. This powerful combination provides enterprises with the automated access and governance controls needed to mitigate the risk of a security breach and enforce compliance policies while managing the demands of today’s modern workforce. Organizations can leverage this unified identity solution to enable users with policy-based, self-service access to all the applications, data, and systems needed to do their jobs. IT departments can have complete visibility, control, and automation to ensure user access is authenticated and entitlements are appropriate for their current job/role. Access is frequently certified to maintain a secure and compliant infrastructure.
How Okta and SailPoint Work Together to Provide a Comprehensive Solution
The diagram below illustrates how Okta provides users with secure and seamless access to services and applications, with SailPoint validating that access based on user roles and responsibilities.
Here are some of the key benefits to be achieved by implementing an integrated Okta-SailPoint identity management solution:
- Automating and unifying access increases productivity across your workforce:
- Provides automated access and governance controls.
- Empowers employees with SSO to virtually any cloud, hybrid, or on-premise application by providing a single access point for users.
- Increases security with simple, consistent MFA for all applications.
- Reduces overall IT costs by automating resource-intensive identity processes such as onboarding, password resets, and access requests.
- Provides an integrated solution allowing IT and Security teams to manage and control access to any application, be it on-premise, cloud, or hybrid.
- End-to-end identity improves security and reduces risk:
- Secure access with SSO and MFA provides employees with simple, secure access.
- Reduces risk of data breaches that exploit legitimate user identities by ensuring secure authentication and authorization for access to all company resources.
- Enables comprehensive control and visibility of who has access to what—from identities to accounts to entitlements—while maintaining a secure user experience.
- Enforces and demonstrates compliance across business, IT, and audit teams:
- Grants and maintains secure access and application provisioning according to established business policies, enforcing compliance requirements.
- Maintains an access audit trail of every identity in your organization; demonstrates compliance with confidence and ease.
- Ensures adherence to corporate policies and regulations through business-user-friendly access certifications and automated policy management controls, including separation of duty violation reporting.
If you’d like to learn more about how Tevora can help you navigate the intricacies of identity management, just give us a call at (833) 292-1609 or email us at email@example.com.
About the Author
Ben Dimick is a Director, Security Consulting Services.